Federal Reserve REWARDS Fraud By Throwing Money At Criminal Manipulators
But did you realize that the Fed and Treasury threw billions of dollars of taxpayer money at Barclays and the other Libor-manipulating banks after they knew about the manipulation … and did nothing to stop it?
As Richard Eskow notes:
Thanks to the GAO audit of the Fed — an audit which it vigorously resisted — we know that Barclays was the fifth largest recipient of emergency loans. Bailout loans for Barclays came to $868 billion. That means that Barclays probably made billions off the reduced interest rate alone, courtesy of the American people.
Those loans were granted between December 2007 and July 2010. That means the Fed was doling out billions to Barclays after it learned that the bank was lying about its LIBOR rates.
Indeed, all of the probable Libor manipulators – including Citi, JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, UBS, RBS and Deutsche – were huge recipients of bailout money courtesy of the American taxpayer.
- blissandzen likes this
- theamericanbear likes this
- other-stuff reblogged this from alice44
- ozonebabys-temple likes this
- alice44 likes this
- abcsoupdot likes this
- jkruton reblogged this from abaldwin360
- theaverageplace reblogged this from questionall
- pfowolf likes this
- end-the-republican-mafia reblogged this from abaldwin360
- questionall reblogged this from abaldwin360
- questionall likes this
- sanchinto likes this
- sanchinto reblogged this from abaldwin360
- ilikemygrungelikeilikemysteak likes this
- randomactsofchaos reblogged this from abaldwin360
- randomactsofchaos likes this
- flowertravellinman likes this
- indeedyreedy reblogged this from abaldwin360
- abaldwin360 posted this