In what is being described as the first ever and most comprehensive study of the effects of genetically modified foods on mammalian health, researchers have linked organ damage with consumption of Monsanto’s GM maize.
Three varieties of Monsanto’s GM corn – Mon 863, insecticide-producing Mon 810, and Roundup® herbicide-absorbing NK 603 – were approved for consumption by US, European and several other national food safety authorities. The data used for this approval, ironically, is the same data that independent researchers studied to make the organ damage link.
The Committee of Independent Research and Information on Genetic Engineering (CRIIGEN) and Universities of Caen and Rouen obtained Monsanto’s confidential raw data of its 2002 feeding trials on rats after a European court made it public in 2005.
The data “clearly underlines adverse impacts on kidneys and liver, the dietary detoxifying organs, as well as different levels of damages to heart, adrenal glands, spleen and haematopoietic system,” reported Gilles-Eric Séralini, a molecular biologist at the University of Caen.
Although different levels of adverse impact on vital organs were noticed between the three GMOs, the 2009 research shows specific effects associated with consumption of each, differentiated by sex and dose.
- -osito likes this
- agirlinastory reblogged this from blufiresprite and added:
- blufiresprite reblogged this from randomactsofchaos and added:
- blufiresprite likes this
- donkeyhot reblogged this from silas216
- i-spiral-down-nowheretohide likes this
- wintering likes this
- letslook4treasure likes this
- slaughterhou5 likes this
- orbitingasupernova reblogged this from randomactsofchaos
- randomactsofchaos reblogged this from sixkindsofbullshit
- randomactsofchaos likes this
- sarahlee310 likes this
- sixkindsofbullshit reblogged this from silas216
- silas216 posted this